This is another one of those things I have been seeing everywhere, and since I cooked my turkey unstuffed this year it seemed like a perfect time to try it.
This is the ingredients I used. Basic bread stuffing ingredients.
I broke the bread into small pieces, although they likely would not pass my mother’s inspection. As kids, it was our job to break the bread, and I honestly couldn’t tell you how many times we were sent back with our bowls to fix it because the pieces were too big.
We all loved, and fought over the stuffing and were told we wouldn’t get any if we didn’t do the bread lol. Incentive!
I added everything else to the bowl and mixed it up, by hand once it was almost done.
Next I pressed it into my well greased bundt pan.
And baked it at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. This is what it looks like done and released from the pan.
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 25 – 30 minutes Servings: 8
- 1 loaf of bread, white or whole wheat
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp. Dried parsley
- 3 tbsp. Poultry seasoning or sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease bundt pan.
- Break bread into small pieces.
- And remaining ingredients.
- Mix well to combine, finish mixing by hand.
- Press mixture into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes, then release from pan onto serving plate.
- Enjoy with turkey and your favourite gravy.