I decided to try to do some baking yesterday, in between naps lol, but I still did it. I chose to make my favourite, old faithful oatmeal cookie recipe. One, because Oatmeal cookies are my favourite and two, because it has been a while since I made them last.
These cookies are crispy on the outside and nice and chewy on the inside (well, except for the one pan I forgot about in the oven…. they are crispy inside and out!)
Here are my ingredients. The raisins are optional but they do make the cookie if you ask me!
I begin by creaming together the butter or margarine and both sugars in the bowl of my stand mixer. These can be made with a hand mixer as well just as easy.
I added the eggs and beat until smooth.
Next I added the remaining ingredients and beat until it was all combined.
I dropped it by the tablespoonful onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
And baked them at 350 degrees until they were browned and looked dry in the centre.
That’s it. Homemade Oatmeal Cookies. I took some out to the garage for Chris and a friend he had over today, fresh from the oven, so they could enjoy them!
My Favourite Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 12- 14 minutes/per batch Servings: Makes 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter/margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp all spice
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter/margarine and both sugars.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 – 14 minutes, until browned and dry looking in centre.