Have you ever tried one of the tater top recipes in the crock pot? When I made it the first time I was really concerned the tater tots would be really mushy. Chris even suggested I cook them a bit before adding them to the crock pot. I usually bake them for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees, just to crisp them a bit before adding them.
The whole mixture when you put it in the crock pot does not look very appetizing, but does it ever taste good! The first time I had to taste it, just to see what exactly it was I was feeding them and it was awesome!
These are my ingredients.
I begin by putting the tater tots in the oven on 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
While they are cooking, I brown the ground beef and onions in the microwave, until fully cooked and the juices run clear.
I add the cooked ground beef and onion, mushroom soup and canned diced tomatoes to my greased crock pot and mixed it well.
I topped this with the partially cooked tater tots and cook it on low for 3 – 4 hours.
About a half hour before serving, toss the grated cheese on top of the tater tots and put the lid back on to allow the cheese to melt.
Crock Pot Tater Tots Casserole Recipe
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 3 – 4 hours Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package tater tots
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease crock pot bowl.
- Bake tater tots at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Brown ground beef and onions in microwave on high heat until fully browned and juices run clear. Drain.
- Add beef mixture to bowl of crock pot with canned tomatoes and mushroom soup. Mix well.
- Top with precooked tater tots.
- Cook on low for 3 – 4 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, sprinkle grated cheese on top of tater tots, replace lid and allow cheese to melt during the final 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.