The other day I was making pork chops for dinner. I couldn’t decide how to cook them. There are so many different ways but this time I decided to use an old favourite…. Pork chops with mushroom soup. I am sure there are many different versions of how to make these, I am going to post mine!
These are the ingredients I used to make them.
I began by patting the thawed pork chops with paper towel to remove any water left from thawing, and then coated both sides with flour.
Next I dredged them in the beaten eggs, again making sure it was completely covered.
And finally I dipped them in the bread crumbs and garlic powder, fully coating them in the mixture, then I placed them in my frying pan with olive oil.
I cooked each side for about 5 minutes, until they were browned and crispy.
When all four pork chops were done I place them in my prepared baking pan.
I covered the pan with aluminum foil and baked them for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
While they were baking I mixed the mushroom soup with the milk and added the sliced fresh mushrooms.
I poured this mixture over the pork chops and baked it for another 30 minutes, still at 350 degrees.
I served them with Garlic Smashed Potatoes and some veggies for a delicious meal for “the boys!”
Breaded Pork Chops with Mushroom Soup
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 60 minutes Servings: 4
- 4 pork chops, bone in
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Pat dry pork chops.
- Coat pork chops in flour.
- Dredge them in the beaten eggs.
- Mix together bread crumbs and garlic powder.
- Coat in bread crumb mixture.
- Fry pork chops in olive oil on high heat until browned and crispy on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place browned pork chops in prepared baking pan.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Mix together mushroom soup, milk and sliced fresh mushrooms in medium sized bowl.
- Remove pork chops from oven and pour mushroom soup mixture over them, trying to cover them completely.
- Bake for another 30 minutes and serve.