I’m still not feeling well, so dinner had to be something quick and easy to make but something “the boys” would enjoy and fill their bellies!
I have been contemplating making something using ramen noodles as a base for a long time, I just couldn’t decide what to make… until today.
Today I am making a Cheeseburger Casserole using ramen noodles. Quick and Easy and in my books qualifies as a Budget friendly meal!
These are the ingredients.
To start with, I browned the ground beef with the onions in the microwave until browned and the juices ran clear.
And then drained any grease off of it.
I added two packages of spicy beef ramen noodles along with the seasoning packets included and 2 cups of water.
I microwaved this on high for about 5 minutes until the noodles were tender.
I then mixed in the ketchup, mustard and relish.
Mixed it well and poured it into my prepared baking pan.
I topped this with the grated cheese….
And baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Ramen Noodle Cheeseburger Casserole
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 packages spicy beef ramen noodles
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup green relish
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 pan.
- Brown ground beef and onions in microwave on high until browned and juices run clear.
- Drain any grease from ground beef mixture.
- Add both packages of ramen noodles with seasoning packets and water to ground beef mixture.
- Mix to combine and microwave on high for about 5 minutes, until noodles are tender.
- Add ketchup, mustard and relish and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.