Yes, another dump cake, but I have been so busy washing the walls and painting doors to get ready for Christmas that I’ve cleaned through a whole jug of cleaning solution and about 5 scrubbie sponges, and haven’t had a chance to do much else… meaning any dessert had to be quick and easy!
Here are the ingredients I used.
To start, I washed, peeled and thinly sliced the apples into the prepared baking pan.
Next I poured the caramel sauce over the apples and then sprinkled the cinnamon on top.
I sprinkled the cake mix evenly over the apples.
And then poured the melted butter over the cake mix.
I baked it at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes until the top browned and the filling is starting to bubble around the edges.
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Preparation time: 15 minutes Baking time: 50 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 5 or 6 medium apples
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 white cake mix
- 2/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease baking pan.
- Wash, peeled, core and thinly sliced the apples into the prepared pan.
- Pour caramel sauce over the apples.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over apples and caramel sauce.
- Spread cake mix evenly over the apples.
- Pour melted butter on top of the cake mix evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 – 60 minutes.