Tomorrow, well today (Thursday), I finally start my ocular therapy… hopefully on the road to recovery at long last. That is why I am typing out Thursday’s and Friday’s posts tonight. It is going to be a long day tomorrow and I wanted to make sure I at least had one post for each day.
Having the flu this week has meant I haven’t been feeling up to doing much of anything else, meaning nothing else to post. Hopefully next week will be better!
These are the ingredients I used to make it.
I started off by browning and partially cooking the chicken breasts in the frying pan with a little bit of olive oil. Chris doesn’t like the way fat can accumulate or the white look to chicken when it is fully cooked in the crock pot so I do it this way.
Note: You can increase the servings by increasing the number of chicken breasts or even chicken thighs.
Next I mix together the water, flour and minced garlic and pour that into the bottom of the prepared crock pot.
I place the chicken breasts in the crock pot and then top them with the mushrooms, green onion, tomatoes, oregano, salt & pepper and black olives.
Then I pour the chicken broth over all of it.
I cooked it on low for 6 hours.
Next I added the spaghetti noodles and cooked it for an additional 20 minutes, until the noodles were tender.
I pulled our the chicken breasts first, spooned the noodles and vegetables onto the plates and placed the chicken breasts on top!
A healthy, crock pot dinner for your family dinner!
Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 6 1/2 hours Servings: 2 (see note)
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- spaghetti noodles
- Grease bowl of crock pot and set aside.
- In frying pan, brown both sides of chicken breasts in olive oil. About 5 minutes per side.
- In bowl of crock pot, mix together water, flour and minced garlic.
- Add chicken breasts to crock pot bowl.
- Top with mushrooms, green onions, black olives, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth over top of all of it.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add spaghetti noodles and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Once noodles are tender, serve.