We love the shredded hash brown potatoes, almost any way you could make them. I decided to try something different with them yesterday and it was delicious!
These are my ingredients, well, except for the sour cream which I forgot to include in the picture.
In a large bowl, I mixed together the hash brown potatoes, 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese, the chopped green onion, minced garlic, thyme, mushroom soup and sour cream.
I spread that into the prepared pan and then melted the margarine.
I added the crushed crackers to the melted margarine and mixed it together with a fork until crumbly
I sprinkled the cracker mixture on top of the potato mixture and then the remaining grated cheese.
Cooked it at 375 degrees for 40 minutes and then served.
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 package, frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt margarine.
- Add crushed saltine crackers to melted margarine and stir until crumbly.
- Sprinkle cracker mixture over top of potato mixture in pan.
- Top with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes, until top is browned and crispy.
- Serve immediately.