Woo hoo! Another Christmas gift off of my “To Do” List! Yesterday and the day before I was base painting and yesterday after my Dr’s appointment I managed to get the granite paint sprayed on the “L’s” of the bookends!
Using the same pine boards I used for my Dragon Wall hanging and my scroll saw, I traced my pattern and then I cut out the “L’s” for the bookends and the dragons to go inside of the L.
I base painted the dragons black and the pieces for the “L” in gray.
When the gray paint was dry, I took those pieces outside and sprayed them with a faux granite paint, to sort of give them a medieval look.
When all of that dried I used my construction adhesive to attach the dragons to the “L’s” and let it dry. Once dry I used a few small screws to the “L” to make sure it didn’t detach over time.
Here are my Wood Dragon Cut outs for my son-in-law for Christmas!