Another really long title for an easy to make but delicious dinner!
I served it with a nice salad and garlic bread.
These are all the ingredients I used.
I put the Cappaletti in a pot of boiling water for 7 minutes.
I diced the tomatoes and added them to the pot with about 2 minutes remaining.
While it was cooking I made the cheese sauce.
I melted butter in the microwave on high heat for about 45 seconds.
I removed it, added the flour and whisked to form a paste.
Next I added the milk and whisked until all combined.
I microwaved it on high heat for 4 minutes, whisking every 60 seconds until it started to thicken.
I added all but 1/2 cup of the grated Italiano cheese…
And whisked until the cheese melted.
Next I drained the pasta and tomatoes, then added the cheese sauce.
I mixed it all up…
Poured it into my prepared pan and topped it with the remaining grated cheese and the parmesan.
Then I popped it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes to heat through.
Cheese Cappaletti with Tomatoes in a Creamy Cheese Sauce
Preparation time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Servings: 6 – 8
- 1 package cheese Cappaletti
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups Grated Italiano cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease small roast pan.
- Cook Cappaletti in boiling water for 7 minutes, adding diced tomatoes during last 2 minutes. Drs.
- In a medium bowl melt margarine in microwave on high heat for about 45 seconds.
- Add flour and whisk into a paste.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Microwave milk mixture in the microwave on high heat for about 4 minutes, whisking every 60 seconds until it starts to thicken.
- Add all but 1/2 cup of the grated Italiano cheese and whisk until completely melted. Pour cheese sauce into drained Cappaletti and tomatoes and mix well to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle top with remaining grated Italiano cheese and parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes to heat through.