Last night for dinner I made Paprika Chicken and decided to throw in some potatoes, onions and the last of the tomatoes from my garden.
Here are my ingredients.
I made a “sauce” with the lemon juice, dijon mustard, paprika and 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
I put the chicken in a large baggie and poured the sauce in, shaking the bag to coat it evenly and leaving it to marinate while I prepared the vegetables.
I diced my potatoes to about one inch pieces, then the onion and then I halved the tomatoes.
I place them in a bag, added the remaining olive oil, minced garlic, second amount of paprika and thyme and shook the bag to coat all of it.
I placed the chicken breasts in my prepared pan….
Placed the vegetables all around them and sprinkled the remaining thyme over top of all of it.
I cooked it at 400 degrees (convection) for about 1 hour, pulling it out half way through to stir up the vegetables so they were all browned and crispy when it was cooked.
I plated it and it passed the chocolate milk test! (The chocolate milk test is how I can tell how good a meal is lol. If Chris finishes without having already finished his chocolate milk then I know he didn’t stop eating!)
Paprika Chicken and Potatoes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time : 1 hour Servings: 2
- 1 – 4 chicken breasts (I only used 2 because only 2 people would be eating it)
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 – 6 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup halved cherry or plum tomatoes
- 2 tsp, thyme, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 pan.
- In a large measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, lemon juice, paprika and olive oil.
- Place chicken breasts in large baggie and pour in above mixture. Shake bag to evenly coat then set aside while preparing veggies.
- Dice potatoes into one inch pieces. Peel and chop onion. Halve tomatoes.
- Place all veggies in another large baggie, add remaining olive oil, minced garlic, second amount of paprika and 1 tsp. thyme.
- Shake bag to coat the veggies.
- Place chicken breasts in prepared pan.
- Place vegetables around chicken breasts in prepared pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.