I wanted to make something different, bread wise, for dinner last night. I picked up a tube of Pillsbury Pizza dough and decided to “play” with it a bit to make some kind of dinner roll…. this is what I ended up with!
Here are the whole 5 ingredients I used.
With the wider side of the dough, I started out by rolling out the pizza dough and using my pizza cutter, cut the dough into 12 strips.
I tied the strips in knots. And I mean literally, I tied them into a knot and placed them on my parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
I baked them at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, until browned.
In a microwave safe, medium sized bowl, I melted the 3 tbsp. of butter or margarine. I cooked it on high for about 45 seconds.
Next I added the minced garlic and cooked it on medium heat in the microwave for another 2 minutes, until you could really smell the garlic.
I added the remaining ingredients to the butter/margarine and mixed it well.
I brushed the knot rolls with this mixture and returned them to the oven for another 5 minutes.
This is what came out of my oven!
Garlic Parmesan (Pizza Dough) Knots
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Servings: 1 dozen
- 1 tube Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll pizza dough with wider side facing you.
- Cut into 12 strips using a pizza cutter.
- Tie each strip into a loose knot and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake knots at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, until browned.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl melt butter/margarine.
- Add minced garlic to melted margarine and microwave on medium high for 2 minutes, until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients to margarine mixture and mix well.
- Brush margarine mixture on each of the knots.
- Return to oven for another 5 minutes.