I remember having one of these way, way back. Could have been one of my friend’s mothers who actually made it because it certainly doesn’t seem like anything my mother would have made.
Either way, it is a quick to make, very filling dish!
Here are the ingredients I used, other than tomatoes because I of course forgot to add them to my picture!
Start out by browning the ground beef. I did mine in the microwave, just make sure to fully cook it until the juices run clear.
I added the chopped onions during the last minute.
I added the Worcestershire sauce and the minced garlic to the ground beef mixed it up and then poured it into my prepared pie plate.
I topped the ground beef mixture with my sliced tomatoes and pickles.
And then the grated cheese.
Next I mixed together the Bisquick, milk and eggs in a large measuring cup and poured it over top of the ingredients in the prepared pie plate.
I baked it at 400 degrees for 30 minutes and it came out of the oven all nicely browned and ready for dinner.
Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle chips
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 3/4 cup Bisquick
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease pie plate.
- Brown ground beef until fully cooked and juices run clear, adding chopped onion during last minute. (I cooked mine in the microwave for about 8 minutes on high heat)
- Remove from heat/microwave and add Worcestershire sauce and minced garlic. Stir to combine.
- Pour ground beef mixture into prepared pie plate.
- Top ground beef mixture with sliced tomatoes and dill pickle chips.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar on top of tomatoes and pickles.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together Bisquick, eggs and milk until smooth.
- Pour over ingredients in pie plate.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Slice and serve.