Last night I thought I would try something different with the roast I was cooking. Since “the boys” have loved anything I’ve made with balsamic vinegar so far I decided to add it to my roast beef and cook it in the crock pot. And it was quick to get started!
There was no “slicing” the meat, it damn near fell apart and from the way Chris was shoveling it in…. it was a success lol…. sorry Chris!
Here are my ingredients.
I placed the roast in the crock pot, I used a Sirloin Tip Roast for this.
I mixed the remaining ingredients in a large measuring cup and whisked it to combine.
Poured it in the crock pot, over the roast.
And then I set it to cook on low for about 8 hours, until it was fully cooked.
Then I did the best I could slicing it….
I added corn starch to the “juices,” and microwaved it on high, stirring every minute until it had thickened into a gravy…. and smothered the roast in it when serving!
I served it with mashed potatoes, veggies and Yorkshire Pudding… a must with roast beef!
Crock Pot – Balsamic Roast Beef
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 8 hours low/4 – 5 hours high Servings: 6
- 1 Sirloin Tip Roast, approx. 2 lbs.
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in large measuring cup.
- Pour over roast in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 – 5 hours, until done.
- Add 1 tsp. cornstarch per cup of “Juices” to make gravy. Cook on high in microwave, stirring every 60 seconds until thickened.
- Pour over sliced roast and enjoy.