I was looking for something easy to make for dinner and in this house, Mexican is always a hit. I took out some ground beef, some flour tortillas and made a quick burrito meal in the frying pan/skillet!
Here are my ingredients. I of course forgot to include something so I took a picture of that once I figured it out!
I browned the ground beef in the skillet until it was fully cooked and the juices ran clear and then drained it.
I added the salsa, taco seasoning, smashed beans and water to the skillet, mixed it up and cooked it on medium high for about 6 – 8 minutes until it started to thicken.
Next I cut the flour tortillas into strips and chopped the green onion.
I covered the top of the beef mixture with the tortilla strips.
Sprinkled the grated cheese on top and then the chopped green onion.
I returned it to medium heat for another 5 minutes or so, until the cheese was melted and served it. Would be great with a dollop of sour cream, but I was out. What they don’t know won’t hurt them lol!
I served it with a nice salad and some crescent rolls. Total time to make dinner…. less than a half hour. Perfect for this time of year!
Beef Burrito Skillet
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 package dry taco seasoning
- 1 can brown beans, mashed
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 flour tortillas, cut into strips
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- Brown ground beef in skillet until fully cooked and juices run clear. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning, beans, salsa and water to skillet. Mix.
- Cook over medium high heat for about 6 – 8 minutes, until thickened.
- Cover top of beef mixture with tortilla strips.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and then chopped onions.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Scoop and serve.