This is a recipe that I make every Christmas to put on the cookie trays because it’s a favourite and it looks nice on the cookie trays!
These are the ingredients used for this recipe.
To start, I pour the whole jar of cherries into a small strainer to drain all the juice. I let it sit like that until it’s time for them.
Now I place the chocolate chips and the condensed milk in a large microwave safe bowl and cook it on high heat for about 2 minutes until the chocolate chips are fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
I pour the graham cracker crumbs into the chocolate mixture.
I mix it until it’s fully combined.
I scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and start to wrap it around one of the drained cherries. Then I roll it in my hands to form a ball, with the cherry inside.
Once the balls are formed around the cherry I roll them in shredded coconut.
And them I place them on my parchment paper lined pans.
When they are all rolled and on the prepared pans, I place them in the fridge to set, about an hour.
Then I place them in freezer bags or sealed containers until they are ready to eat!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Chilling Time: 1 hour Servings: 36 treats
- 1 250 ml jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place chocolate chips and condensed milk.
- Cook on high heat for about 2 minutes, until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add graham crumbs and mix until it is fully combined.
- Wrap 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture around each cherry. Roll into a ball.
- Roll each ball in shredded coconut.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Store in freezer bags or sealed container until ready to eat.
- Freezes well.
<!–more keep reading! –>