Last night for dinner I wanted to try something different with the chicken breasts I was making for dinner. I didn’t want to actually fry anything so I made baked fried chicken!
These were my ingredients.
I placed the chicken breasts in a large baggie with the ranch dressing and shook it until they were all fully coated.
Next I mixed the remaining ingredients, except for the butter/margarine, in another large baggie.
I put the chicken breasts in the bag with the bread crumb mixture, one at a time, and shook the bag making sure each one was fully coated. Then I placed them in my parchment paper lined pan.
I poured the melted butter/margarine over the chicken breasts, trying to coat them evenly.
And then baked them in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes, then broiled them on high broil temperature for another 10 minutes to crisp them up.
Parmesan Baked “Fried” Chicken Breasts
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ranch dressing, any kind
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup butter/margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line large baking pan/sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour ranch dressing in a large baggie. Add chicken breasts and shake to fully coat.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except butter/margarine, in another large baggie and mix.
- Place chicken breasts, one at a time, in the bread crumb mixture and shake the baggie to completely coat each chicken breast.
- Place in prepared pan.
- Pour melted butter evenly over each chicken breast.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Switch oven to high temperature broil and cook an additional 5 – 10 minutes until crispy.
- Serve immediately.