For weeks now I have been planning on making pizza for dinner one night. I finally got to it on Saturday night. I made a feast of pizza and wings for our dinner!
This is the recipe I used to make the pizza dough!
Here are the ingredients I used.
To begin, add the yeast, water, honey and olive oil in the bowl of the stand mixer. Whisk to combine.
Let it stand 5 – 10 minutes until it is starting to get foamy.
Add the flour, garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning to the yeast mixture and using the dough hook, mix it on low speed until it is fully combined and the dough has come away from the sides of the bowl.
Place in a greased bowl, covered and let rise 1 1/2 hours until doubled in size.
Punch the dough down and either roll into a circle or press into the pan you are using. Brush pan with olive oil to coat evenly. (I was using a cast iron skillet, I am going to do a separate post about that).
Let rise in pan for 15 minutes and then add your favourite toppings and bake at 375 degrees for 25 – 35 minutes until crust and cheese is browned.
Homemade Garlic Pizza Dough
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Rising Time: 1 hour 45 minutes Cooking Time: 25 – 35 minutes Servings: 1 – 2 pizzas
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 3 tsp. yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp.n salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- In bowl of stand mixer, add water, yeast, honey and olive oil.
- Whisk to combine, then let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the yeast mixture.
- Using dough hook, mix until dough forms and comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place in greased bowl and let stand, covered, for 1 1/2 hours until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush second amount of olive oil into pan, coating evenly
- Punch down and roll out or press into prepared pan.
- Let rise in pan for 15 minutes.
- Add your favourite toppings and bake at 375 degrees for 25 – 25 minutes.