Last night I made a nice sheet pan dinner for the boys. It was just chicken and veggies but the presentation factor when making a sheet pan dinner makes it look even more appetizing!
This recipe is great because you can easily double or triple it to create as many servings as you need!
These are my ingredients, well except for the sugar which I forgotto include!
I washed, peeled and cut up the vegetables and placed them in a large baggie.
I put the chicken breasts in an other bag and set it aside while I made the marinade.
I mixed the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until it was fully combined.
I poured half of the marinade into the bag with the vegetables and the other half in with the chicken breasts. I wanted to let them both marinate for a few hours to add to the flavour.
Because the chicken breasts I was using were thick, I decided to cook them for about 15 minutes on their own before adding them to the sheet pan. If yours are thin (skinless/boneless) you can skip this step.
I poured the marinated vegetables onto the prepared cookie sheet and left a space in the centre for the chicken breasts.
I placed the partially cooked chicken breasts in the centre and roasted it everything at 400 degrees for about a half hour, until the chicken was cooked through and the vegetables were tender.
Here it is fully cooked and ready for dinner!
Sheet Pan – Roasted Chicken Breasts and Veggies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Roasting Time: 30 minutes Servings: 2
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups halved mini potatoes
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Wash, peel and slice/halve vegetables and place in large baggie.
- Remove skin if chicken breasts are not skinless and place in another large baggie.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl to make marinade.
- Pour half of marinade into each large baggie.
- Let sit in fridge for 2 – 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (I used the roast convection setting on my stove).
- If chicken breasts are really thick, precook for about 15 minutes and then continue with recipe.
- Arrange vegetables around outside of baking sheet, leaving a space in the middle for chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts in space in centre of cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, until chicken is browned and cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!