Last night I decided to try something different with some scalloped potatoes. I don’t usually make them myself because Chris usually isn’t a fan of non “instant” scalloped potatoes but I still took a chance. Thankfully, he really like them lol!
Here are the ingredients I started out with.
I started by mixing together the cream of bacon soup, milk and minced garlic in a large measuring cup until it was well blended, and set it aside.
I greased the pan I wanted to use and then started to slice the potatoes directly into the pan, until it was just under the halfway point.
I sprinkled it with chopped green onion and chopped, cooked bacon…
Covered that with grated cheddar
And then poured half of the soup mixture over top.
I repeated this process… potatoes, green onion, bacon and then cheese and then the rest of the soup mixture and sprinkled it with the paprika and parsley.
Then I baked it covered at 375 degrees for one hour. After the hour, I removed the foil and baked it for an additional 15 minutes (I think next time I will bake it for an additional 30 minutes instead, just to soften the potatoes up a little bit more).
And then removed it from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
“Loaded” Scalloped Potatoes
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 75 – 90 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 8 – 9 medium potatoes
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 can cream of bacon soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups grated old cheddar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously grease baking pan. I used a deep 9 x 9 pan.
- In large measuring cup, whisk together soup, milk and minced garlic until well blended, set aside.
- Slice potatoes into greased pan, until it almost reaches the halfway point.
- Top with green onion and bacon and then sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Pour half of the soup mixture over top of potatoes.
- Repeat layers, ending with pouring the remaining soup mixture over entire thing.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for one hour.
- Remove foil and return to oven for 15 – 30 minutes, until browned and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving.