Tomorrow is my weekly Drs appointment out of town so I thought I would try something different to make and post…. again… with the potatoes to have with dinner. A different take on the frozen shredded potatoes.
These are my ingredients. I don’t think I forgot anything this time lol!
To start, I added the milk, mustard, garlic powder and cheese to a microwave safe bowl.
I stirred it up and then microwaved it on high heat for about 6 minutes, stirring it every 60 to 90 seconds, until the cheese melted and it was smooth.
I added the shredded hash brown potatoes and mixed it to combine.
I poured the mixture into my prepared 9 x 13 baking pan.
And then baked it at 375 degrees for about an hour, until the top was browned and it was heated through.
I ended up serving it with some pork chops I cooked in Greek salad dressing topped with a bit of cheese and some vegetables.
Cheesy Hash Brown Potatoes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 bag frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Yellow mustard
- 4 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine milk, garlic powder, mustard and cheese in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high heat for about 6 minutes, stirring every 60 to 90 seconds until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add shredded potatoes and stir to combine.
- Pour potato mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour, until top is browned and it is heated through.