Yes, I know it looks like it should be a chocolate mint, but it’s not. I was out of white chocolate from another recipe I am going to post soon so I decided to just use up the rest of the green candy melts I had leftover from making my Pretzel Christmas Trees.
Because I was making this with Trail mix, I thought forest bark was sort of appropriate… that and it will quiet Chris for a bit lol. Ever since I made the Craisins chocolate bark, he has been asking for more!!
These are the ingredients. With bark there aren’t many ingredients, depending on what you want to add to it!
I began by breaking up the semi sweet and sweet baker’s chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl.
I melted it on high heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes. It could take more or less time, depending on your microwave, so I would check it after a minute. If it is not melted, continue cooking it on high heat in 30 second intervals until it is fully melted.
I added the bag of trail mix and the extra peanuts, about a half a cup extra.
I mixed it all up so everything was coated in chocolate and then spread it onto my parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
I then melted the candy melts chocolate. I had about a half a cup left over. I melted it on high heat in a microwave safe bowl for about 90 seconds.
Then I drizzled it over the chocolate mixture on the cookie sheet and used a spoon to swirl it into the chocolate.
I put it in the fridge to fully set. About 2 hours and then I broke it into pieces. Now it’s ready for Chris as a surprise when he’s watching the hockey game tonight! Go Leafs Go!
Forest Chocolate Bark
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Chilling Time: 2 hours Servings: 8 x 12 bark
- 1 box bakers semi sweet chocolate squares
- 1 box bakers sweet chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup green candy melts chocolate
- 1 bag trail mix
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Break bakers chocolate into pieces in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Melt in microwave on high heat until chocolate is fully melted, about 2 minutes.
- Pour trail mix and peanuts into melted chocolate.
- Spread chocolate mixture onto prepared cookie sheet, evenly to about 1/2 inch.
- Melt candy melts chocolate in microwave on high heat for about 90 seconds, until fully melted.
- Drizzle melted candy melt chocolate over chocolate mixture on cookie sheet.
- Using a spoon, swirl green chocolate into chocolate and trail mix until desired effect is achieved.
- Place in fridge for approximately 2 hours until fully set.
- Break into pieces and serve.
- Store in air tight container in fridge.