A week or two ago we had a nasty snow storm. It was Chris’ first day back to work after his Christmas holidays. I swear our driveway had at least 8 – 10 inches of snow, if not a foot! I went outside to try to at least get the front and back decks shoveled for him (and so there was less snow being brought in by the dogs). Next thing I know, our neighbor from across the street…. Hi Charlene!… yelled over to ask me what I was doing. She told me that her husband was planning on coming over with his tractor to do our driveway shortly.
Needless to say, Chris was overjoyed when he got home and realized he didn’t have to dig us out lol! I said I would make some fudge as a thank you, and as terrible as it is, I am only just getting to it today!
This is what the snow looked like that day! You can see our wonderful neighbor in one of the pictures cleaning up Mother Nature’s mess!
This is some of the fudge that I made to say thank you! Dulce de Leche fudge.
Here is what I used to make it. You’ve got to love the versatility of making fudge using condensed milk!
I began by putting the white chocolate chips (this is where I used them all up so I had to improvise with my Forest Chocolate Bark!) and butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
I microwaved it on high heat until the chocolate chips were melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
Once it was melted I added the vanilla and stirred, and then poured the Dulce de Leche condensed milk in the bowl.
Stirred it until it was sort of marbled looking and poured it into my parchment paper lined baking pan.
I placed it in the fridge until it was set, about 3 hours, and then cut it into squares!
Dulce de Leche – Condensed Milk Fudge
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Chilling Time: 3 hours Servings: 36 squares
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. Butter/Margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 can Dulce de Leche condensed milk
- Line baking pan with parchment paper. I used a 6 x 9 pan.
- Add white chocolate chips and butter to large microwave safe bowl.
- Melt on high heat in microwave until chocolate chips and butter are melted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla to chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour condensed milk into chocolate mixture and stir until marbled looking.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours until set.
- Cut into 1 inch squares and enjoy!
- Store in air tight container in fridge.