I do know it’s not burger season… not really… at least I don’t want to be standing outside, freezing my butt off bbqing something for dinner! But last week I saw a post on https://whatsfordinnermoms.com for cheeseburgers and it reminded me of the stuffed burger maker that Dillon bought me for Christmas and decided I would just cook some up inside and make them with fresh cut fries using the air fryer that Dillon also bought me…. hmmm… are we noticing a theme yet lol?
This is the stuffed burger maker that Dillon bought me. Let me first start by saying that when I first opened the gift I thought the box said “Potty Buddy,” not Patty Buddy and thought it was some smart ass gift instead of what it was. Dillon has the same strange sense of humour as his mother and is constantly telling me that it won’t be long until I am in diapers, so I thought it was a jab!!!
These are the ingredients I used…. one of them being Dillon’s own Top Secret recipe Salsa that he will not let me share on our blog lol!
I put the ground beef in a large bowl and added the eggs, bread crumbs and taco seasoning, and mixed it by fork and by hand until it was well mixed.
Then it was on to the Patty Buddy!
I divided the ground beef mixture into 6 mostly even pieces and then divided those in half.
The “kit” included wax paper circles to use to separate the burgers and stop them from sticking. I placed on in the press before I started to form the burger.
I put one half into the burger press and using the piece for stuffing burgers I pressed the mixture into a patty shape with an indent/bowl to add the goodies.
I put some of Dillon’s Top Secret Salsa and some grated old cheddar in the bowl/indent of the burger.
Then I switched back to the regular burger press piece, added the other half of the ball of beef mixture I had split and pressed it to form the top of the stuffed burger.
I did this 5 more times with the rest of the beef mixture and ended up with 6 Stuffed Taco burgers. I was only going to cook 4 for dinner, thinking they would each eat 2 of them but Dillon slept through dinner and Chris could only eat one! So now I have 3 cooked burgers ready to be reheated for snacks and two in the freezer for a quick dinner for one night!
Because I was cooking them indoors, I placed the 4 patties into the frying pan… they just fit to start!
I cooked them on medium high heat until they were fully cooked, turning a few times to make sure they were cooked evenly, about 20 – 25 minutes.
Then I reduced the heat to low and added more of the Top Secret Salsa on top and some more grated cheese and let it cook until the cheese was melted and bubbly.
And then served them on nice hamburger buns with the air fried French fries! Take out, made at home!
Stuffed Taco Burgers
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 25 – 30 minutes Servings: 6 stuffed burger patties
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup + 4 tbsp. salsa
- 3/4 cup grated old cheddar, divided
- Place ground beef in a large bowl and add the eggs, bread crumbs and taco seasoning.
- Mix by fork and by hand until it is well combined.
- Divide beef mixture into 6 – 8 balls.
- Using a patty press or by hand, add 1/2 of one piece to press to form a bowl/base for the burger.
- Add salsa and cheese to bowl of burger base.
- Top with other half of pieces of divided beef mixture and press to form the top of the burger.
- Repeat with remaining divided beef mixture.
- Place prepared burger patties into frying pan.
- Cook over medium high heat, turning as necessary, until browned and cooked through.
- Reduce heat to low and add about 1 tbsp. of salsa and 1 tbsp. of grated cheddar to top of each burger.
- Cover and continue to cook for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Place on buns and serve.