Last week when I was doing an online Wal-Mart order I saw some “Chipits” salted caramel chips, meant for cookies. I thought they would be a perfect addition to my double chocolate chip cookies! I wasn’t sure how much of the caramel flavour would come through but I was pleasantly surprised!
Here are my ingredients.
I start by creaming together both types of sugar and partially melted butter/margarine in the bowl of my stand mixer until creamy.
Next came the eggs and vanilla.
When that was blended, I added the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, mixing to combined.
And then finally the chocolate chips and salted caramel chips, just until they were mixed evenly throughout the batter.
I dropped the batter by tablespoons onto my parchment paper lined cookie sheets…
And baked them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
I let them cool about 10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a plate.
Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Chip Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4 + dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter/margarine, partially melted
2 large eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups chocolate chips
1 package Chipits salted caramel chips
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and mix until well creamy.
- Add flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate and salted caramel chips. Mix until chips are evenly distributed.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and enjoy.