This is my favourite blueberry muffin recipe, the same one I have been making for years. I don’t actually like blueberries but I do enjoy the occasional blueberry muffin. Mostly I make them for “the boys” lunches for work!
Here are my ingredients, except for the vanilla… I almost forgot to add the vanilla to the recipe, let alone the picture!
I started by mixing the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and then creaming together the butter and sugar, until well combined.
Next I added the eggs and vanilla and mixed until smooth.
Next came the flour, baking powder and salt mixture, alternately with the milk.
Finally I folded in the blueberries until they were just distributed through the batter.
I spooned the batter into my paper muffin cup lined pan…
And baked them at 375 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes until the tops were browned and spring back when pressed.
I let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then removed them to plate to finish cooling before wrapping with cellophane. (And yes, they are leftover paper cups from Christmas lol)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 35 – 40 minutes Servings: 12 muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or line muffin tin cups.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture, alternately with the milk until combined.
- Fold in blueberries to distribute evenly.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes, until tops are browned and spring back when pressed.
- Cool 10 – 15 minutes in pan.
- Remove to plate to finish cooling.
- Cover tightly with cellophane or store in air tight container.