I put the potatoes in brackets because I decided to add them to the pan after I did my ingredients pictures and everything else… and the fact they aren’t really a recipe lol.
This is a different, healthier take on meatloaf, using ground chicken instead of beef and passed the dinner test!
These are the ingredients I used…. plus the potatoes, parsley and the Greek salad dressing I tossed the potatoes in before I added them to the pan.
In a large bowl, I mixed together the ground chicken, cheese (grated), parmesan, parsley and minced garlic. Using both a fork and my hands until everything was well combined.
I shaped this into a small meatloaf shape and placed it in my foil lined and lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
This is where I decided to add some potatoes and onion to the pan I was cooking the meatloaf in. Nothing better than a one pan dinner. I thought about also adding some carrots and celery to the potatoes but I really wanted some cauliflower with dinner.
I coarsely chopped the potatoes and then tossed them in a bowl with about 1/4 cup of Greek Salad Dressing and 1 tsp. parsley and then placed them in the pan around the meatloaf.
I cooked it at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, until the meatloaf and potatoes were browning and the potatoes were almost cooked through.
I mixed together the bbq sauce and some of my homemade Onion Jam and brushed this over the meatloaf before returning it to the oven for and additional 15 minutes.
Once it was done, I sliced the meatloaf and served it… with cauliflower and cheese!
Glazed Chicken Meatloaf (with Roasted Potatoes)
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour Servings: 4
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 4 – 6 medium potatoes, coarsely diced
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek Salad Dressing
- 1 tsp. parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil and lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground chicken, cheddar, parmesan, minced garlic and parsley flakes until completely combined.
- Shape into a loaf and place in centre of prepared pan.
- Toss together chopped potato and onion with Greek salad dressing until all potatoes and onions are coated.
- Place potatoes around meatloaf in prepared pan.
- Bake/roast at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, until meatloaf and potatoes are starting to brown and potatoes are almost cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bbq sauce and onion jam.
- Remove meatloaf and potatoes from oven and brush bbq sauce mixture over meatloaf, covering the whole thing.
- Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve.