The other night I decided to try a different take on pierogi as a sort of side dish casserole. I have made pierogi this way before in my Loaded Pierogi casserole but this time I made it a little differently!
These are the ingredients I used.
I laid the pierogi out in my prepared baking pan, as evenly as I could.
Topped them with the diced tomatoes and chopped green onions.
In a measuring cup, whisk together the softened cream cheese, broth, 1/2 cup grated cheese and sour cream until smooth.
Pour mixture evenly over pierogi, tomato and onion in baking pan.
Sprinkle top with remaining grated cheese.
Bake covered at 350 for about 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 – 15 minutes.
Scoop out and serve.
Cheesy Pierogi Casserole
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 50 – 60 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 box frozen pierogi, thawed
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup broth
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Arrange pierogi in prepared pan.
- Top with diced tomato and chopped onion.
- In large measuring cup, whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, broth and 1/2 cup grated cheese, until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly over pierogi.
- Top with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake additional 10 – 15 minutes.
- Scoop and serve.