What a morning! Phew! I have been in the kitchen most of the day! I made banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate coconut macaroons, I made this dip for tonight and I started a very long and involved recipe for BBQ Chicken pizza that I am making for dinner tonight… and I am pooped! Thankfully this Nacho Dip is quick to make and hopefully just as quick to type!!!
This dip used to be omnipresent at almost every wedding/baby shower I remember going to when I was younger lol. I thought it would be a great recipe to share on Super Bowl Sunday!
Here are the ingredients…
Mix the softened cream cheese and sour cream together until it is smooth.
Spread the cream cheese mixture onto your plates or platter. I chose to divide everything between two plates because it makes sharing much easier!
Top with the salsa, divided between the two plates if you are making it this way.
And sprinkle the grated cheese on top/the tops.
And top with the chopped green onions. You can also add black olives, diced tomatoes, whatever you like. I left it at the green onion this time.
Doesn’t it look delicious? I forced myself to have one scoop of it so I could take a picture lol! I like to use the “Scoops” nachos for it because you can fit more of the dip on it than with the regular nachos!
Quick & Easy Nacho Dip
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 3 – 4 people
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- other toppings of your choice
- In a medium bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on platter or evenly between two plates.
- Top with salsa, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top of salsa.
- Top with chopped green onions and toppings of your choice.
- Serve with your favourite nacho chips!