I decided to try something completely different for dinner for Super Bowl Sunday, that I am hoping goes over well lol. When I told Chris what I was making he asked me, “Who puts chicken on pizza?” Not very promising lol but he is always willing to try whatever I cook at least once!
This recipe was long and involved, although I could have cut corners if I used premade pizza dough and store bought bbq sauce…. but I didn’t. I will post “sister” posts to this one with the BBQ sauce recipe and the pizza dough.
This is what I used to make it…. this is with the bbq sauce and pizza dough already made and my chicken already cooked and shredded. I did all the prep work early so when it came time for dinner it was just a matter of assembling the pizza.
I rolled out the pizza dough for my crust.
And then spread that with the homemade BBQ sauce.
I had already mixed about half a cup of sauce in with the shredded chicken, so that went on next.
I added the precooked and crumbled bacon, the quartered grape tomatoes and the chopped green onion on top of the chicken.
And then topped all of it with the grated cheese.
I cooked it at 400 degrees for ?? minutes until the crust was browned and the cheese was browned and melted.
And then served it up with some bbq chicken wings! I don’t even know if Chris is going to watch the football game but even if he doesn’t, he has a Super Bowl worthy dinner!!!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Preparation Time: 20 minutes (not including time spent making dough and bbq sauce) Baking Time: Servings: 1 medium sized pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough, about 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups bbq sauce
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 3 cups grated mozzarella/cheddar blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare pizza pan(s).
- Roll out pizza dough to accommodate pizza pan.
- Spread 3/4 cup bbq sauce over rolled out pizza dough.
- In small bowl, mix remaining bbq sauce with shredded chicken.
- Spread chicken and sauce evenly over sauce and crust.
- Top with bacon, tomatoes and green onions.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella evenly over toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees for minutes, until crust is done and cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Cut into slices and enjoy.