Here is the pizza dough recipe I used to make my BBQ Chicken Pizza. This pizza dough has semolina flour to it instead of just all purpose or bread flour.
Here are my ingredients.
I put the water, olive oil, sugar and yeast in the bowl of my stand mixer, whisked it together…..
and let it stand for about 5 minutes, until it was bubbly.
I added both types of flour, the salt and garlic powder to the bowl…
And using my dough hook, mixed it until it formed a ball, coming away from the edges and let the KitchenAid knead it for about 8 minutes.
I set the ball of dough in a greased bowl until it doubled in size.
And now it’s ready for your favourite pizza recipe! I stored mine in a large baggie, sealed until I was ready to use it!
Homemade Pizza Dough
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Rising Time: 2 hours Servings: makes 2 – 3 medium sized pizzas, depending on desired thickness
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. yeast
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine water, yeast, sugar and olive oil. Whisk to combine.
- Allow to stand for 5 – 10 minutes until foamy.
- Add both types of flour, salt and garlic powder.
- Using dough hook, mix until it forms a ball and comes away from the edges.
- Knead for 8 minutes.
- Place dough ball in greased bowl and allow to rise about 2 hours, until doubled in size.
- Punch down and roll out for your favourite pizza recipe.