I am making a BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner for Super Bowl Sunday. It has been a long, drawn out process and hopefully it is worth it in the end.
This is the BBQ sauce part of the BBQ Chicken Pizza!
Here are my ingredients.
Mix everything together in a medium pot, and whisk until smooth.
Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil, and let it boil for about 5 minutes.
Once it is done, pour half of it into the shredded chicken for the pizza or pour into a jar and store in the fridge until you are ready to use it. It will thicken as it cools.
Homemade BBQ Sauce
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Servings: about 2 cups
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes, until starting to thicken.
- Add to your favourite recipe, or place in sealed container/jar until you are ready to use.