For dinner the other night I tried something different. I had no clue what I was going to make for dinner but I still took out some frozen ground beef to thaw for whatever I was going to make.
I started looking through the cupboards to see what I could make and came across the box of Bisquick I had in one of them. I decided to use that as a base for a taco bake sort of thing.
Here are my ingredients.
I started by browning the ground beef in the microwave on high heat until it was fully cooked and the juices ran clear, and then drained it.
I added the taco seasoning, salsa, 1/4 cup water and corn to the ground beef.
I mixed it up and set it aside….
Next I mixed the Bisquick mix with 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp parsley and 1 cup of water, mixing until it was smooth.
I spread the Bisquick mixture into the bottom of my greased 9 x 13 baking pan, making sure it’s spread evenly.
I topped the Bisquick mixture with the beef mixture, again spreading it evenly.
I baked it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and then removed it from the oven and sprinkled the grated cheese on top.
I baked it for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese was melted and browned.
And then cut it into squares and topped it with sour cream, chopped lettuce, diced tomato and chopped green onion before serving.
Bisquick Taco Bake
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream and toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In microwave safe bowl, cook ground beef over high heat until cooked through and juices run clear. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning, salsa, corn and first amount of water. Mix well and set aside.
- In large bowl mix together Bisquick, garlic powder, parsley and second amount of water until smooth.
- Spread Bisquick mixture evenly in bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Top with ground beef mixture, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Return to oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted and browned.
- Cut into squares and top with sour cream and toppings of your choice.