I was feeling lazy this week, (while fighting yet another cold this winter), so I decided to make them an easy dinner…. something I just had to scoop and serve when dinner time rolled around.
Here is what I used to make it.
I browned the ground beef in the microwave until it was fully cooked and the juices ran clear… then drained it.
I opened the tomatoes, kidney beans and brown beans and poured them all into the crock pot with the spices.
And mixed it all together.
I added the cooked ground beef and stirred until it was evenly distributed.
And then I cooked it on low heat for about 5 hours.
I scooped it into the bowls, added a dollop of sour cream and grated cheese to the top and they had a nice hot, comfort food dinner ready with minimal effort from me!
Chili – In the Crock Pot
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 4 – 6 hours on low Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can brown beans (in tomato sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
3 tbsp. Chili powder
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar3 tbsp. sour cream4 tbsp. grated cheese
- Brown ground beef in microwave on high heat until fully cooked and juices run clear. Drain.
- Open the brown beans, tomatoes and kidney beans and pour into crock pot bowl.
- Add spices and stir well.
- Add ground beef to crock pot bowl and stir to distribute evenly.
- Cook on low heat for 4 – 6 hours.
- Scoop into bowls and top with sour cream and grated cheese.