When I gave Chris his plate of this for breakfast Sunday morning he started by asking me if it’s pizza, where is the pepperoni 😦 Once he got a taste of it though it was another story altogether lol! Not only did he eat the two pieces I put on his plate, he also proceeded to eat the last piece in the pan and then he damn near licked the pan to get all of the “leavings” lol! He also asked me to make it again soon. I would have to say this was a successful experiment.
Here are the ingredients.
I mixed together the shredded hash brown potatoes with the melted margarine and garlic powder until it was well mixed.
I pressed them onto the prepared pizza pan, spreading to cover the bottom to form the “crust.”
I baked the crust at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes, until it was starting to brown.
While it was baking, I scrambled the eggs, chopped the green onion and crumbled the cooked bacon.
I sprinkled the scrambled egg over top of the pizza, trying to cover as much of the top as I could. (I think next time I will use 5 eggs instead of 4)
I sprinkled the bacon and green onions on top, leaving a bit without bacon so I could have some.
Then topped it with the grated cheese.
I baked it at 400 degrees for another 20 minutes.
Cut it into slices and served.
Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Servings: 6 – 8 slices
- 1 bag shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 tbsp. melted butter/margarine
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 large eggs
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups grated cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 14″ pizza pan.
- In large bowl, stir together hash brown potatoes with melted margarine and garlic powder until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of the pizza pan to form the crust.
- Bake crust at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Scramble eggs in microwave on high heat, about 4 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Spread scrambled eggs evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle bacon and green onions evenly.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for an additional 25 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.