Yes, we love any type of Mexican food and I am always looking for different ways to prepare it. Even better if it’s a casserole I can make ahead of time and just have to throw in the oven come dinner time!
Here are the ingredients I used.
Before I could get started on the actual recipe, I had to make a quick batch of condensed cheddar cheese soup because I forgot to buy some. I will add the recipe to the bottom of this one if you need it. Because I used double cheddar, with both white and orange cheeses it doesn’t look quite like the canned stuff but in the recipe it tasted just the same!
I started the water to boiling to cook the egg noodles and then started to brown the ground beef in the microwave.
I cooked the ground beef on high heat until it was fully cooked and the juices ran clear and then drained it. I added the taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water and put it back in the microwave for an additional 5 minutes on high heat.
When the egg noodles were cooked I drained the water and added the ground beef mixture, cheddar soup, sour cream, canned tomatoes and 2 cups of grated cheese to the pot and mixed it well to combine.
Then I poured it into my prepared pan. I used my 10 x 10 baking pan but you could also use a 9 x 13. I sprinkled the remaining grated cheese on top.
I baked it at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, to heat through.
At the last minute I decided to crunch up some multigrain nachos I had on hand and toss them on top when dishing it out.
Creamy Taco Pasta
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 package broad egg noodles
- 1 can condensed cheddar soup, or recipe below
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 small can seasoned diced tomatoes
- 3 cups grated cheese
- 1 cup crushed multigrain nachos, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 10 x 10 or 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions and then drain.
- Brown ground beef in microwave on high heat until browned and juices run clear. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water to ground beef. Return to microwave for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Add beef mixture, cheddar soup, sour cream, canned tomatoes and 2 cups grated cheese to drained egg noodles and mix until fully combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Top with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Scoop onto plates and sprinkle crushed multigrain on top before serving.
*Cheddar Soup Recipe*
- 3 tbsp. butter/margarine
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- In medium microwave safe bowl, melt margarine.
- Whisk in flour to make a paste.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Microwave on high heat until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add grated cheese and mix until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Use in recipes in place of canned condensed cheddar soup.