When I bought ground beef last I forgot to separate it before I froze it… that meant I had like 3 lbs. of it to cook when I thawed it to make the spagetti sauce for our Family day/ Family Birthdays dinner!
I cooked it the same as I was for the spagetti sauce, just with some onions and garlic in it. Once I had the spagetti sauce made I had some cooked ground beef and onions I couldn’t decide what to do with…. this is where the slider idea came in!
Here are my ingredients although I did decide at the last minute to brush the tops of the sliders with mixture of melted margarine, garlic and Italian seasoning !
In my parchment paper lined 9 x 13 baking pan, I unrolled one tube of crescent rolls on to the bottom, pinching the seams together.
I then spread the ground beef mixture evenly onto the crescent roll base. I tried to keep about a cm of crescent roll exposed to make pinching the edges together easier.
I sprinkled the grated cheese all over the beef mixture.
Then I unrolled the second tube of crescent rolls onto the cheese mixture, again pinching the seams together and then all the way around the edges.
I melted the margarine and mixed in garlic powder and Italian seasoning and brushed this mixture over top of the crescent roll top.
I then baked it at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, until it was nice and browned and the crescent rolls were fully cooked.
And then I sliced it into squares/sliders and served it with homemade French fries, made in my air fryer!
And they LOVED them! Chris went on and on about how good then are and then Dillon reheated 4 of them when he got home from work this morning!
Crescent Roll BBQ Beef Sliders
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes Servings: 8 sliders
- 2 tubes of crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese, I used an Italiano blend
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.
- Add onions to ground beef while cooking and then add BBQ sauce and stir to combine.
- Unroll and spread 1 tube of crescent rolls into the bottom of the prepared pan, making sure to pinch seams closed.
- Spread ground beef mixture evenly over bottom crescent roll layer, leaving about 1 cm around outside edge for pinching edges together.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top of beef mixture.
- Unroll 2nd tube of crescent rolls over top of beef and cheese layers, pinching seams together.
- Pinch top and bottom edges together all the way around.
- Mix together melted margarine, garlic powder and Italian seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Brush margarine mixture over top of the top crescent roll layer evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, until top is browned and crescent rolls are fully cooked.
- Cut into squares and serve!