It was Dillon’s birthday the other day. When he was little he always wanted meatballs and doodles (noodles) for his birthday dinner. This year he couldn’t make up his mind what he wanted so knowing how much he loves ham and of course, bacon, I made this casserole for his birthday dinner with some bread and Caesar salad. And Cherry CHEESECAKE lol!
These are the ingredients I used.
I chopped up the broccoli…
I boiled the potatoes, adding the chopped broccoli to the water for the last 5 minutes.
While that was cooking, I chopped up the cooked ham. I had some leftover from dinner last week.
I softened the cream cheese in the microwave for about 45 seconds and then mixed in the ranch dressing pack, stirring until well combined.
Once the potatoes and broccoli were cooked, I drained them and then added the ham, cream cheese mixture, onions and grated cheese.
I divided it evenly between the two aluminum pans I bought….
Then sprinkled it with the cooked, crumbled bacon before baking it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
And here it is before I scooped it onto the plates! I cooked one tonight and wrapped the second one up for a quick meal another night.
Cheesy Ham & Potato Casserole
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4 – 8
- 2 cups cooked diced ham
- 4 – 6 medium potatoes
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 – 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Wash and dice potatoes and boil until just tender, adding chopped broccoli during last 5 minutes. Drain.
- Dice ham and chop onion.
- In medium size bowl, microwave cream cheese on high heat for about 45 seconds until starting to soften.
- Mix ranch dressing mix into softened cream cheese until combined.
- Add ham, onion, grated cheese and cream cheese mixture in with potatoes and broccoli and mix to combine.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle cooked, crumbled bacon over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!