Mongolian BeefHere is a different recipe. I have made Mongolian Beef, Chinese Fried Rice, to name a few different ethnic recipes, along with a whole lot of “Mexican” ones so making something Moroccan was fun to try!
Here are the ingredients I used. As you can see, there really isn’t a whole lot of them, the Moroccan comes through mainly through the spices, olives and raisins.
I started by browning the chicken breasts in a bit of olive oil in the frying pan.
While it was browning, I washed, peeled and sliced the carrots, peeled and chopped the onion and added them to the bowl of the crock pot with the halved olives and raisins and poured in the chicken broth.
In a small bowl I mixed together the cumin, cinnamon, cayenne and ginger.
I arranged the browned chicken breasts on top of the vegetables in the crock pot and sprinkled the spice mix on top of the chicken.
And then I cooked it on low heat for 8 hours. I served it over top of egg noodles for their dinner.
Crock Pot Moroccan Chicken
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 8 hours Servings: 2
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 small onion
- 3/4 cup halved pimento stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- Brown chicken breasts with olive oil in frying pan, browning both sides.
- Wash, peel and slice carrots.
- Peel and chop onion
- Halve olives.
- Add carrots, onion, olives and raisins to bowl of crock pot with chicken broth.
- Place browned chicken breasts on top of vegetables in bowl of crock pot.
- In small bowl, mix together spices.
- Sprinkle spices on chicken.
- Cook on high heat for 8 hours.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.