I always seem to make rice with dinner on Fridays. Mainly because Dillon doesn’t like rice and if I make rice for dinner when he’s eating with us he won’t eat that part lol. Yes, he is a fuss ass. No matter, I made rice again this past Friday…. a recipe I have made many different times and is always a hit!
Feel free to add whatever you like to personalize it to your tastes. I shredded the remaining pork tenderloin and added it to the leftover rice for a quick and delicious lunch the next day.
Here are the ingredients I used for it… yes, 5 whole ingredients lol!
I put everything but the parmesan cheese into a large, microwave safe bowl.
Stirred it up….
And then cooked it in the microwave on high heat for about 5 – 7 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is nice and fluffy.
I sprinkled the parmesan cheese on top and then served it with a nice seasoned pork tenderloin, drizzled with ranch dressing (sauce) and vegetables!
Quick & Easy Rice Dish
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 5 – 7 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 2 cups instant white rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can seasoned tomatoes (I chose Italian seasoned)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Put first 4 ingredients into a large, microwave safe bowl and stir to combine.
- Microwave on high heat for 5 – 7 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and rice is fluffy.
- Spoon onto dinner plates and sprinkle with grated parmesan.