Lol. When Dillon took me to get groceries last Friday he asked me if making pizza was difficult. I told him it wasn’t and made the mistake of asking why!!!
His original idea was to make a Skull shaped pizza but then changed it to a Smiley Face pizza. This post is about Dillon making said Smiley Face Pizza!
I think any little boy (or adult “Children” like Dillon lol) would love to make something like this! Dillon told me when he cut it into slices it made it look like it was bleeding lol!!!
Here are the ingredients Dillon used to make his pizza. He opted for premade, frozen pizza dough… understandably… and you can switch or add any toppings you like.
Here is Dillon getting the crust ready to fit the pizza pan.
I suggested to him to keep that little piece of pizza dough to roll into ropes to add around the eyes and smile for a “crust” around them. He used a butter knife to shape the mouth and a shot glass to cut out the “eyes.”
He added the sauce, making sure to keep it out of the eye and smile spaces.
Added his toppings and the grated mozzarella…
And then baked it at 400 degrees for about 17 minutes and he had his creepy looking Smiley Face Pizza lol!
Dillon’s (Sort of Creepy) Smiley Face Pizza
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 15 – 20 minutes Servings: 1 pizza
- 1 package frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease round pizza pan.
- Set aside about 1 cup thawed pizza dough.
- Shape remaining pizza dough to fit into pizza pan, forming an outside crust.
- Using shot glass and knife to cut out eyes and smile.
- With pizza dough set aside earlier, roll into ropes and form “crusts” around eyes and smile.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over pizza crust.
- Add toppings and cheese evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees until all crusts are browned and pizza dough is cooked through.
- Slice (enjoy the bleeding effect) and enjoy.