I was going to make pizza again on Saturday night but chose instead to try something different. I made a sort of Pizza casserole and served it with some nice hot chicken wings!
These are the ingredients I used.
I mixed the Bisquick with water to form a soft dough.
And then scooped half of the dough into my prepared baking pan.
I poured half of the sauce, half of the pepperoni slices and half of the cheese on top of the dough. (I did leave a bit at one end without pepperoni so I could have some too)
I repeated this process, ending with the cheese layer.
And baked it at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, until the top was nice an browned and it was cooked through.
I cut it into squares and served it with the wings! I forgot to take a picture before I cut it!
Cheesy Pizza Bake
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes Servings: 6 – 8
- cups of Bisquick biscuit mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 3 cups grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Mix together Bisquick and water to form a soft dough.
- Spread half of dough mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top with half of the sauce, pepperoni and cheese.
- Repeat layer, ending with cheese layer.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.