Do you ever get sick of making the same thing, the same way, all the time? While I try to change it up as much as I can there are some things that you tend to make over and over just because you know it’s good. For me, it’s pork chops, so yesterday I tried to change it up a bit. Not a good day to try something new in the kitchen for me lol, my head was foggy and I kept doing everything wrong. I started to make a cup of coffee and for whatever reason, instead of putting a scoop of coffee in the mug I grabbed the peanut butter and grabbed a spoonful of that. No clue why, it just happened, along with a bunch of other random things. That is why I was a little leery about trying something different. But I did, and thankfully it was not only edible, but good!
This recipe is very simple, made with ingredients you probably have on hand and it can be made in 5 minutes, other than the marinating time! These pork chops could also be cooked on the grill.
Here are the ingredients I used.
In a large measuring cup, I mixed together the mustard (I used spicy), soya sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder until combined. It will be a bit thick but that’s just fine.
I sliced the onion and I trimmed the excess fat and put a few fork holes in the pork chops to help it absorb more of the marinade and put them both in a large freezer bag.
I poured the marinade in and squished the bag around to make sure everything was fully coated and then put it in the fridge to marinate for about 6 hours. (I placed it in an aluminum pan just in case one of the pork chop bones pushed through and the bag leaked)
When it was done marinating, I preheated the oven to 375 degrees and brushed the pan with the olive oil before adding the pork chops and onions to the pan.
I cooked them at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes and then switched the oven to low broil and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes to nicely brown the pork chops.
And then I served them with some rice and veggies!
Mustard Marinated Pork Chops
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 35 – 40 minutes Servings: 3 – 4
- 3 or 4 large pork chops
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 3 tbsp. spicy mustard
- 2 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- In a large measuring cup, mix together mustard, soya sauce, garlic powder and brown sugar until it is fully combined.
- Trim excess fat from pork chops and put a few fork holes in each one.
- Slice onion into rings and add to large freezer bag with pork chops.
- Add marinade to bag and squish bag around to fully coat.
- Let sit in fridge for 4 – 6 hours.
- Brush olive oil in baking pan and add pork chops and onions.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes and then switch to low broil and additional 5 minutes until pork chops are nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and serve.