Here is another delicious version of a side dish using shredded potatoes!
These are the ingredients I used.
In a medium bowl I mixed together the sour cream, melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, Cayenne, 1 cup shredded cheese and chopped green onions, until combined.
And then mixed it into the shredded potatoes in a large bowl, until potatoes are fully coated.
I spread the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
Next I mixed together the second cup of grated cheese with the crushed crackers.
And sprinkled that mixture over the potatoes in the pan.
I baked it at 350 degrees for about an hour 30 minutes and then served!
Cracker Topped Hash Brown Potatoes
Preparation Time:15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 bag frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 cup crushed butter crackers
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In medium bowl, mix together sour cream, green onions, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 cup grated cheese, cayenne and melted butter. Mix well.
- Pour shredded potatoes into a large bowl and mix sour cream mixture in the potatoes until fully coated.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- In medium bowl mix together crushed crackers and second cup of grated cheese.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!