Yes, Dillon made something else pizza related lol. I guess he figures if he could master his Creepy Smiley Face pizza he could try something different… and I told him that if he was going to be making a mess in my kitchen I was going to take pictures and post it!
These are the ingredients he started with. This time he decided to go with a refrigerated pizza crust instead of the frozen “blob” from the freezer aisle.
He first cut up the sausages and cubed (and grated some mozzarella, he said he wanted it to have a big melty middle!
Next he rolled out the pizza dough and cut it into triangles.
Placed his cubed mozzarella and sausages in the centre of each rectangle, put about a tablespoon of pizza sauce and then about the same of grated mozzarella on top.
Next he folded the corners of the triangles in towards the centre and then pinched the ends to seal the “pockets.”
Placed them seam side down on the parchment paper lined baking pan….
Baked them at 375 degrees for 20 minutes…
Removed them to a plate and then proceeded to eat ALL of them in one sitting lol. I guess that’s what happens sometimes when you are well over 6 foot and 200 lbs.!!!
Dillon’s “Homemade” Pizza Pockets
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 20 minutes Servings: 8
- 1 tube, refrigerated pizza dough
- 16 slices cooked sausage
- 16 – one inch cubes, mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cube and grate mozzarella. Slice sausages.
- Roll our pizza dough onto parchment paper lined surface.
- Cut into triangles.
- Place 2 sausage slices and one mozzarella cube in centre of each dough triangle.
- Top with about 1 tbsp. pizza sauce each.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp. grated mozzarella on top of sauce.
- Fold corners in towards centre.
- Pinch bottom to seal pocket.
- Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes until well browned.