So it’s official…. Chris claims this is his new favourite bread recipe lol. He thoroughly enjoyed them. I don’t take his “favourite” very seriously because he also have numerous favourite meals and I think every Nascar track is also his favourite. Either way, these are a delicious take on bread making!
Here are the ingredients.
I began a basic bread recipe by adding the water, yeast and sugar to the bowl of my stand mixer and letting it stand about 5 minutes or so until the yeast started to foam.
Next I added the olive oil, salt and egg and mixed it up. I just used a whisk in the bowl at this point.
Then added the flour, until a slightly sticky dough formed coming away from the sides of the bowl.
I covered the bowl with a towel and let it stand in a warm place for an hour until it had doubled in size.
I rolled it out on a floured surface to form a rectangle, about 10x 12 inches.
I spread the melted butter mixed with garlic powder evenly to coat entire surface of rectangle.
Sprinkled it with parmesan…
And then 1 cup of grated cheese and sprinkled it with the first amount of Italian seasoning.
Rolled it up jelly roll style as if I was making cinnamon rolls.
Cut it into 12 pieces, brushed it with the remaining butter/garlic mixture and sprinkled the second amounts of parmesan, grated cheese and Italian seasoning before letting them rise for another 20 minutes in a warm place.
And then baked them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until they were golden brown and cooked through.
And then served them with a sheet pan chicken dinner!
Garlic & Cheese Pinwheel Rolls
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Rising Time: 1 hour 20 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Servings: 12
- 2 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp. butter/margarine, melted
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter/margarine, melted
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Add yeast, sugar and water to bowl of stand mixer and let stand 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add olive oil, salt and egg and whisk to combined.
- Start adding flour until a slightly sticky dough forms, coming away from sides.
- Cover with a towel and let stand in a warm place for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a 10 x 13 rectangle.
- Mix first amount of garlic powder into first amount of melted butter and spread mixture evenly to cover entire surface of rectangle.
- Sprinkle evenly with first amount of grated parmesan and grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and roll up jelly style.
- Slice and place on prepared baking pan.
- Brush rolls with second amounts of butter and garlic powder then sprinkle with second amounts of parmesan, grated cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Let rise an additional 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Cool slightly and serve.