Here is a nice, flavourful loaf cake to enjoy. It is very moist and the coconut adds nice flavour to the loaf cake and raspberry filling! I LOVE coconut so this was a nice addition to an already delicious loaf cake!
These are the ingredients I used to make it.
I began by adding the butter, sugar and vanilla to the bowl of my stand mixer and creaming it together.
Next I added the eggs and mixed until smooth.
The coconut goes in next, mix to combine.
And finally the flour, baking powder and milk, then mixing it well to combine all ingredients.
I poured almost half into my parchment paper lined loaf pan.
Spread 3/4 cup of the raspberry jam evenly over the batter.
And then the remaining batter.
I baked it at 350 degrees for an hour, covering it with tin foil during the last 15 minutes until it was nicely browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I let it fully cool an then made a glaze.
I combined the icing sugar and milk and whisked until smooth.
I added 1 tbsp. of the raspberry jam…
And whisked to combine. Isn’t it a pretty colour?
I spread the glaze evenly over the cooled loaf cake.
Add then sprinkled it with the second amount of coconut for a pretty little loaf cake!
And then I sliced it and served it for dessert.
Coconut Raspberry Loaf Cake
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 1 hour Servings: 1 loaf cake
- 1/2 cup Butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Jam
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Raspberry Jam
- 2 tbsp. Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs and mix until smooth.
- Mix in coconut until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder until fully mixed in.
- Pour almost half of batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Spread first amount of raspberry jam evenly over batter.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, covering with foil during last 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- In small bowl, whisk together milk and icing sugar until smooth.
- Add second amount of raspberry jam and whisk to form glaze.
- Pour glaze over cooled loaf cake.
- Sprinkle with second amount of coconut.
- Slice and enjoy.