I am starting to make the food for the Baby Shower this week. I am trying to make anything that I can that can be frozen to make things easier. Kim loves spinach so I thought it was a no brainer to make something like this part of the “menu.”
Here are my ingredients.
The first thing I did was to squeeze the crap out of the spinach once it was thawed to get all the water out. Then I wrapped it in paper towel to try to absorb the rest of the water.
Next I put all of the ingredients in the bowl of my stand mixer.
And mixed it until everything was well combined.
I scooped and rolled the balls about 1 inch round and placed them on my parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
And baked them at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until they were starting to brown.
I let them cool completely and then put them in baggies to freeze until it’s time to thaw and reheat them for the shower!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Baking Time: 25 minutes Servings: 30 balls
- 1 package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 2 tsp. garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Squeeze spinach to remove water, place between layers of paper towel to absorb remaining water.
- Add all ingredients to bowl of stand mixer.
- Mix until ingredients are combined
- Using a tablespoon or small scoop, scoop out mixture and roll into one inch balls.
- Place rolled balls on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until they start to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve or allow to cool completely and store in freezer in sealed baggies.