I decided to try something a bit different when making pork tenderloin this weekend. I tried a rub and sort of glaze to them. They ended up being thoroughly enjoyed with some roast potatoes and asparagus!
These are the ingredients I used to make it.
I began by mixing pepper, cumin, chili power and cinnamon in a small bowl.
I rubbed it on the pork tenderloins, making sure to coat it evenly on both sides.
I placed them in my cast iron skillet with the olive oil and on medium high heat, browned all sides of it.
Next I mixed together the brown sugar, garlic, sriracha spice, salt and hot sauce in a small bowl to make a paste.
I spread this paste all over the tenderloins.
And finished cooking it in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, until nicely browned and cooked through. (And yes, I do realize it looks like a really ugly doughnut in the pictures lol)
Then I let it stand 5 minutes before cutting it into slices and spooning some of the “Sauce” created at the bottom of the pan.
Sweet & Spicy Pork Tenderloin
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Servings: 6 – 8
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp.chili powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. garlic
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine pepper, cumin, chili power and cinnamon.
- Rub seasoning mix into tenderloins, fully coating.
- In a large cast iron skillet heat oil on medium-high heat, brown pork making sure to brown all sides.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, salt and hot sauce.
- Spread mixture over pork, roast at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until fully cooked and nicely browned on top.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice tenderloin and spoon “sauce” over it from bottom of skillet.