As I stated in an earlier post, I have been busy making some of the hors d’oeuvres for the baby shower. This time I am sharing a recipe for mini “muffins” made with broccoli, cauliflower, cheese and other good stuff. They are delicious, that’s the only word I can think of to describe them!
Here are the ingredients I used.
I began by steaming and chopping the broccoli and cauliflower. I of course forgot to buy fresh to make these… thankfully I had a bag of frozen stashed away!
I tore the bread into small pieces (I used a multigrain with quinoa bread for these) and mixed it together with the beaten egg until the bread was fully coated and then let it sit for about 5 minutes to soften the bread. This can be done while the veggies are steaming.
I mashed it into a thick paste.
Then added the broccoli/cauliflower and the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mixed until it was fully combined.
I divided the mixture between the 24 cups of my greased mini muffin pan.
And baked at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until they were nicely browned.
I removed them from the pan once they had cooled and then bagged and froze them for the shower!
I think even the pickiest veggie eater would love these!
Broccoli & Cauliflower Bites
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 24 mini muffins
- 1 bag, frozen broccoli and cauliflower
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh bread (I used multigrain with quinoa)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cups of mini muffin pan.
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower until they are just cooked, you want them to still be a bit crisp.
- Chop broccoli and cauliflower and set aside.
- In a large bowl, tear bread into small pieces.
- Add beaten eggs to bread, stir to fully coat and let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Mash bread into a paste.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to fully combine.
- Spoon mixture into cups of prepared mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until browned.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Can be frozen in air tight container or large freezer bag.